Welcome to The Thayer Institute for Performance Virtuosity
“high-performance leadership’s modern day Yoda…”
If you’re not one of the many people that have already had their life and leadership transformed by the radical work of Dr. Thayer then you’re in for a treat. Get ready…
The genius of transformative leadership, Dr. Thayer remains a well-kept secret to the masses as he devoted his life to his craft and his clients, and not to marketing or selling himself like so many tend to do.
And his craft was decades ahead of his time…
- More than 40 books published: Leadership: Thinking, Being, Doing, How Executives Fail, Leadership Virtuosity, and so many more
- Named a Lifetime Achievement Award-winner by the Marquis Who’s Who
- A leadership coach and consultant for IBM, AT&T, Westinghouse, Boeing, Curtiss-Wright, Pratt-Whitney, McDonnell Douglas, Phillips, Shell, General Motors, Sealtest Foods, Hallmark, and West Point
- A man whose work was hailed by leadership guru Tom Peters as “the most remarkable example of organizational transformation…” and whom Vistage called “…high-performance leadership’s modern day Yoda…”
- And a true renaissance man who played jazz with Stan Kenton, he earned multiple PhDs and had advanced degrees in the humanities, engineering, and psychology
The Legacy of Dr. Lee Thayer
Thayer Institute–overseen by Dr. Thayer’s family and estate–is where his work, words, and wisdom live on. You’ll find books, articles, and endless ideas, quotes, and–most importantly insightful questions–that help anyone become a extraordinary leader.
His legacy extends beyond the Institute and its sister company, Leadership TBD. In short, Dr. Thayer’s legacy is wisdom. His pragmatic idealism, his incomparable problem-solving skills, his ability to influence others along their paths to great and worthy purposes… all this and so much more shine on through his teaching, and those he taught, knew, and loved.
Whether you’re a proven CEO leading a Fortune 100 into the Fortune 10 or new to executive-level leadership or simply looking for tools and training that help you become a better leader of yourself, Thayer Institute has a place for you.
If you’re looking for guided training sessions and tools you can use, visit Leadership TBD, the home of training and seminars based on Dr. Thayer’s timeless work.